Friday, May 11, 2012

Of Books

I have been reading a little bit more for the past few months. Reading has been something of a joy for me since .. young? I am a bookworm and have always been proud of it.

I still remember the days when I was speeding through Harry Potter, till my eyes were so sore I had to let it go and I know I have to sleep. But right after waking up, it was back to that book. I finished Book 6 in .. 2 days? 2 days that I remember till this day, because I cannot forget the thought I had when I finished the book .. "I'm never gonna read another book again ever." Because the book was too good, and the bar has been set so high that I don't think I will enjoy any other book anymore.

Till I read Dan Brown.

After that, I found a few more books that I love, but eventually .. I stopped reading novels altogether. They just  don't have the pull on me anymore.
But I never stopped reading.

I guess it's cause I enjoy opening myself up to the world the authors created. Getting intimate with some really cool characters I may not meet in real life. Just by opening that book.
Reading also gives me some solitude time. For those who know me well, you will know that not only do I enjoy solitude, but I crave for it and I need it. It's a time that I use to recharge myself and then face the world once more.


No comments: