Saturday, March 19, 2011

Of Mika


Was first introduced to Mika by Silly Gal who shared with me this song. I like the bittersweet melody of the song and the lyrics are beautiful too. (For this video, you can skip straight to 1:52 after it loads as the first part of it is just introduction of his musicians during the concert)

If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well
A little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell


Grace Kelly is another song from him that I like a lot. I'm not entirely sure what was his original inspiration, but my take from this song was about finding your own identity.

Why don't you like me why don't you like me without making me try?

I tried to be like Grace Kelly
But her looks were too sad
So I tried a little Freddy
I've gone identity mad

Why the sudden infatuation with Mika? Nothing much, I just popped in a DVD of his Parc de Princes concert yesterday and thought it was fantastic. The energy and the color of the concert was superb. Hence the desire to share some of his songs.

No comments: