Monday, May 09, 2011

Of Oldies

I have been sharing songs the whole day, haven't I?
Well, it happens to be one of those days I guess :)

In any cases, some of you probably haven't heard of these songs .. but I grew up listening to their stuffs. Most of them at least.
At that point of time, they definitely were no way near the term "oldies". I mean, these are the songs parents ban from their home and which are blasted at full volume from the radio's of teens back then.

Well, at least for my family, I know my mum hated it and my brother kept blasting the radio.
Hahahaha .. as I aged though, I found a new appreciation for these songs.
I know someone is going to say I have weird taste in songs again, but I'll risk it :D
So why oldies? I remember a funny thing my brother told my parents .. he was hanging out with his friends when one of them commented .. "Can you believe that this shit we are listening to will be oldies in 10 to 20 years?"

As the Chinese says .. 岁月不饶人

Nirvana is definitely a huge influence in my taste for rock .. seeing as how Kurt Cobain has quite a huge presence in my home due my brother's idolization. Him and MJ were the top two source of annoyance for my mum. These are unplugged version which is very much mellowed down .. if you're in the mood of blasting some songs, you definitely may want to consider looking them up and one of their greatest hits - "Smells like teen spirits"






Guns N' Roses .. not a huge fan but they do have some really nice songs .. plus Axl with that hat and crazy hair? Peak of the fashion back then. November Rain was how I got to know them, and I was hooked when I heard the song. Like the song then, and still liking it.






Suede .. I only know one of their songs which I remember was being played CONSTANTLY back then when I was being drove around by my brother. The tapes era.




Lynyrd Skynyrd .. I only got to know them recently actually, but I really like this song of theirs. Thought the lyrics are meaningful and simple

No comments: